HONN FINE JEWELRY is designed and handcrafted to last for many years to come but all precious jewelry will naturally tarnish and lose luster after some years of wear and tear. However to make sure you enjoy your jewelry for a longer period of time we recommend you follow some tips:
- Always protect and avoid your jewelry to be exposed to knocks, scratches, chemicals, sweat, sunlight and extreme heat or cold.
- Your jewelry will age and tarnish naturally so if you want to keep your pieces in pristine condition, clean your jewelry regularly, using a professional jewelry cleaning product or soft cloth. Again avoidance of chemicals and sweat will also lessen the risk for tarnishing quickly. Never go swimming wearing your jewelry, as chlorine in swimming pools increases the risk for tarnish. Also avoid wearing your jewelry when you shower and sleep.
- To avoid your ring shank from bending or your stone-settings to loosen up (even worse loss of stone), Avoid wearing your jewelry while cleaning, gardening or performing sports activities.
How to clean your fine jewelry by yourself:
- Cleaning gold jewelry is best done with warm water and detergent free soap. Thoroughly dry your jewelry after exposure to water.
- For polish use non-abrasive cleaning cloths.
- Diamonds can be cleaned in an ammonia and water solution (6 parts water to 1 part ammonia). Be sure to rinse the jewelry thoroughly in warm water after cleaning and use a soft cloth to dry.
- Most gemstone jewelry can be cleaned in a mild soap and warm water solution or with a non-abrasive jewelry cleaner using a soft brush.
- Do not use tissue paper or paper towels to clean gemstones as they can cause scratching.
Tips to storage your fine jewelrys:
- Create a controlled storage environment
- Store jewelry by type
- Clean jewelry before storing
- Use soft fabric lining
- Secure your fine jewelry